Everything You Need to Know About Mira Vista, Fort Worth
Mira Vista - meaning “see the view” in Spanish - is one of the most highly sought after neighborhoods in Fort Worth, TX. If you’ve been wanting to upgrade your lifestyle, you can’t go wrong in this incredible neighborhood and its amazing views.
Located in southwest Fort Worth between Benbrook and the Chisholm Trail Parkway, the luxury neighborhood of Mira Vista offers its residents the very finest in every category: an amazing location, spacious lots with beautiful landscaping, upgraded finishes and amenities in the homes, and access to the best of Fort Worth.
Covering over 700 acres that wind around the 18 hole golf course of Mira Vista Country Club, residents enjoy living in a tranquil, park-like setting with gentle rolling hills, multiple lakes, and lush landscaping. Living in Mira Vista creates a sense of community and belonging for its residents, where they can feel sheltered and protected from the daily hustle and bustle outside the gates. But when it’s time to leave for work or school, residents still benefit from an amazing location just seven miles from downtown Fort Worth - making it an easy 15 minute drive from the front gates of the neighborhood.
Mira Vista is only a few minutes from both the Chisholm Trail Parkway and Interstate 20, which makes getting around Fort Worth and its suburbs like Keller, North Richland Hills, Arlington, Aledo, and Grapevine easier for both work and play. This community is gated and guarded 24 hours a day for the security of its residents. Homes here tend to sell quickly or off-market, so if you're looking to buy a home in the neighborhood, having a good agent is key.
Real Estate Options in Mira Vista
Homes in Mira Vista tend to be larger than other neighborhoods in Fort Worth, starting at about 3,000 square feet. Properties also tend to be updated and move-in ready - no fixer uppers here! - but leave space to customize your new home to exactly fit your style.
The one and two story garden homes include amazing amenities and thoughtful design, all wrapped up in a smaller footprint than some others in the neighborhood. These homes are available in a variety of styles, from modern to Tudor to Mediterranean, to fit your family’s personal style and taste.
The garden homes generally offer multiple living spaces - for example, a living room and a separate media or play room - alongside an upgraded kitchen, formal dining room, with three to five spacious bedrooms and three or four bathrooms.
If your family prefers more space and privacy, estates are available offering anywhere from 5,000 to over 11,000 square feet of luxurious living. Many of these are spread out over several acres of land. The estate homes highlight both sophisticated design and stunning architecture in multiple styles to fit your preferences.
Whether you dream of a Spanish villa, a French chateau, or a streamlined modern marvel, you’re sure to find your dream home in Mira Vista. These homes tend to have four to six bedrooms with four to eight bathrooms to allow plenty of space for the whole family, plus guests who visit and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere.
The estate homes generally feature a variety of upscale amenities. High ceilings, lots of natural light, and a grand entryway with a beautiful staircase are common sights. Entertaining is made easier in many of these homes by an open floorplan, gourmet kitchen including a walk-in pantry, a home theater or media room, and a fantastic combination of indoor and outdoor cooking and dining spaces.
Private spaces like bedrooms tend to be larger than average with oversize walk-in closets and custom built-in organization. The spa-like bathrooms offer a true oasis of relaxation and comfort with high end finishes and features, plus the latest technology.
The luxury continues outdoors in Mira Vista with expansive pergolas, patios, cabanas, and decks - and of course, resort-style pools for the ultimate way to settle in and enjoy your leisure time. Large lots are the rule throughout the neighborhood, rather than the exception.
Lawns are well-maintained and offer a variety of flowers, bushes, and mature trees to create a lush and inviting feel for residents while protecting each residence’s privacy.
When you’re ready to explore the neighborhood, Mira Vista offers a plethora of activities for its residents to take advantage of. Enjoy a relaxing hour or two fishing in the stocked lake, or taking an evening stroll through the area. The Mira Vista Country Club’s par 71 golf course winds its way through the neighborhood, creating a lovely backdrop at any time of day.
The member-owned Club is full service and family oriented, with a variety of activities available to keep members and their guests busy. Besides the 18 hole championship golf course, there are also indoor and outdoor tennis facilities, two state of the art fitness centers, a large swimming pool, and several dining facilities, as well as summer camp and childcare options for the youngest family members.
Exploring Fort Worth
The location near the Chisholm Trail Parkway and Interstate 20 makes getting around the rest of Fort Worth quick and easy, with many shopping, dining, and cultural hotspots being within a 15 to 20 minutes drive from Mira Vista’s gates.
- The Shops at Clearfork have upscale shopping, dining, and services, plus access to miles of running, walking, and cycling paths with the Trinity Trails system at the Clearfork Trailhead.
- Sundance Square is Fort Worth’s premier shopping and entertainment district, featuring 35 blocks of unique and one of a kind boutique shops, restaurants, and nightlife
- Fort Worth Botanical Gardens are the oldest botanic garden in Texas, featuring more than 2,500 species of plants in 23 speciality gardens. Special events and festivals are held throughout the year.
- Cultural District is home to world-famous museums like the Kimball Art Museum, Amon Carter Museum of American Art, and Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, as well as performing arts destinations such as Dickies Arena, Bass Performance Hall, and the Will Rodgers Memorial Center.
- Fort Worth Zoo is one of the best zoos in the country and provides visitors the chance to see to over 7,000 native and exotic animals.
- Texas Christian University (TCU) is home of the top ranked Neeley School of Business and 18 different Division I athletic events, offering an exceptional education close to home.
- Fort Worth Stockyards hosts a variety of restaurants, shops, hotels, and entertainment, plus the world’s only twice daily Texas Longhorn cattle drive and Cowtown Coliseum, home of the world’s first indoor rodeo.
- Coyote Drive-In is located just outside of downtown on Panther Island, has four screens to enjoy a movie and snacks from the comfort of your own car plus stunning views of downtown.
- Trinity Park was the city’s first park in 1892 and covers over 250 acres. Today’s visitors can play on the Dream Park Playground, watch the ducks, ride the miniature railroad, or shoots some hoops, as well as access the Trinity Trails and Trinity River via two kayak launch points.
- Benbrook Lake is popular with locals who want to enjoy fishing, boating, hunting, or camping, and many nature lovers love the area for its incredible birdwatching opportunities.
Education Choices in Mira Vista
Of course, the availability and accessibility of a top-notch education is a key concern for many parents, and Mira Vista doesn’t disappoint. Public school zoning in Mira Vista is divided between Fort Worth Independent School District and Crowley Independent School District, depending on where in the neighborhood you live. Both offer excellent educational opportunities to their students, with dedicated teachers who focus on preparing students for life after school - whether that means an immediate career or post-secondary education.
Students zoned for Fort Worth ISD would attend Ridglea Hills Elementary, Monnig Middle School, and Arlington Heights High School. Those attending in Crowley ISD would go to Oakmont Elementary, Summer Creek Middle School, and North Crowley High School.
In addition to the options for public school, a variety of private schools are available to educate younger residents of Mira Vista. Fort Worth Academy, Fort Worth Country Day, Lake Country Christian School, and Trinity Valley School are just a few of the private options parents can choose.
Fort Worth has a balance of religious and non-religious private schools that focus on character development and individual growth. Many of these schools emphasize smaller class sizes, a family-like environment, and exceptional academic opportunities to benefit their students.
High end homes with luxurious amenities, spacious and well-manicured lots, and an ideal location combine to make Mira Vista one of the most-desired neighborhoods in Fort Worth. If you’ve been thinking about making a move to a friendly community in the heart of the city, be sure Mira Vista is on your list.